Friday, December 21, 2007

Sorry I brought it up

Me: Cammy, did you know that tomorrow is the Winter Solstice?

Cam: (Gasps, quickly leaps to his feet) Are we going to go to infinity and beyond?

M: Um, no, I don't think we're going to do that. Did you know that the Solstice is the shortest day of the year?

C: Is there going to be a parade?

M: No, I don't think there's going to be a parade. Tomorrow is the day where the sun is going to be in the sky for the shortest amount of time.

C: What are we going to do for the shortest day of the year?

M: I don't know.... I guess we could say, "Happy Winter Solstice!"

C: (Just looks at me, unable to mask his disappointment).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winter solstice?

Boy Jacob sure got the short end of the stick having me as a parent.

Would you guys please send me a list of things I should be discussing with him.. my poor kid, he's going to be the one sitting in the back of the class picking his nose while Cam's up front raising his hand talking about damn winter solstice!

Mike said...

I'll send you a list.

(Boxing Day is coming up fast....)

Anonymous said...

Thanks - much appreciated!